How Chiropractic Affects the Brain - Dr. John Minardi BHK, DC. am 13.03.2021
Wir freuen uns, dass wir auch in diesem Jahr wieder ein DCG- Tagesseminar anbieten können. Unser Dozent Dr. John Minardi wird sich ausgiebig mit der Beantwortung der Frage beschäftigen, wie Chiropraktik das Gehirn beeinflusst. Im Anschluss finden sich der Zeitplan, die einzelnen Themenbreiche und Informationen zur Person:
Zeit und Themen der Zoom Veranstaltung:
09:00-10:30: How Chiropractic affects Positive Hormones in the Brain
- Effects of Testosterone and Estrogen and changes in behavior
- Effects of cortisol on the hippocampus and its effects on learning and behavior
- The effects of dopamine on anticipation, desire, happiness and depression
- The effects of cortisol on dopamine release
- The effects of serotonin on happiness, satisfaction, depression and anxiety.
- The effects of cortisol on serotonin release
- The effects of oxytocin on bonding and attachment and its synergistic effects with estrogen
- The effects of oxytocin on the stress response
- The effects of vasopressin on attraction and synergistic effects with testosterone
- The adjustment's role in affecting mood and behavior
11:00- 13:00: Chiropractic and the Immune System
- Understanding the first, second and third lines of defense of the immune system, and what breaks down these defense mechanisms.
- The effect of mast cells, phagocytes, and cytokines on an invading pathogen
- The effect of fever and the vital role it plays in the immune response
- The effect of T cells and B cells and the role in destroying pathogens
- The effects of antibodies and their role on targeting pathogenic cells
- Understanding natural vs acquired immunity
- The inaccuracies of the Germ Theory
- Understanding antibiotics and antibiotic resistance
- The effect of subluxations, sendentary lifestyle and lack of sleep on the immune system
- The effect of refined salts, sugars and pre fluorinated compounds on the immune system
- The effects of negative emotional thought on the immune system
- The adjustment's role in restoring the immune system
14:00-15:30: How Chiropractic Affects the GI System.
- Exploring the Gut –Brain connection
- Understanding the microbiome and its affect on the immune system
- How the microbiome affects the pregnant mother and newborn
- Chemical stressors that break down the gut
- The guts affect on serotonin and decision making.
- How changing the gut bacteria changes the brain and nervous system
- The role of the Vagus nerve
- The affect on Ach and GABA on the nervous system
- How the gut flora alters the stress response.
- Melatonin's role on fighting cancerous cells.
- The affects of Cortisol, Epinephrine, Growth Hormone, Leptin, and Glucagon
- The importance of cholesterol and the myth of statin drugs
- The adjustment's role in restoring proper GI health and stabilizing the hormones of the GI System
16:00- 17:00: Chiropractic's effect on Enhancing Neural Adaptation
- Understanding how the brain and nervous system are constantly adapting
- Environmental influences on adaptation
- How synaptic developments are created
- How suppression and reinforcement of neural connections happen in the CNS
- Affects on the hippocampus and its effects on learning and reorganizing the brain
- The influence of rhythms and frequencies on adaptation
- How the adjustment helps convert frequencies into electrical signals in the body
- The effects of CSF on adaptation and waste removal of the brain
- Understanding the Poly Vagal theory, how it influences the vagus nerve and how that has direct affect on the ANS with the chiropractic adjustment
- Understanding the adjustments neurological affects to the brainstem
- Understanding maladaptation and the physical, chemical and emotional stressors that add to maladaptation
- Understanding how the adjustment creates and enhances neural adaptation, allowing health and healing to occur
17:00-18:00: Chiropractic and the Brain
- Why are humans neurologically born unfinished?
- How does our environment greatly shape the way our brains are formed?
- How does the Chiropractic adjustment activate the brain to keep it healthy as we age?
- How does the brain perceive information and how does the subluxation and other external factors affect those perceptions?
- Why does the brain need to synchronize its senses to perceive information?
- Why do concepts such as priming and will power affect a patient's decision making process so powerfully?
About Dr. John Minardi
John Minardi has been involved in martial arts since the age of 12, and competed at the highest level. John became involved with chiropractic following a major injury that occurred during a martial arts match. At a very young age, John was informed, by several members of the medical community that he would never compete again. In addition, John was told that he should consider himself fortunate if he ever walked normally again. Unable to accept this grim future, John sought the help of a Chiropractor. Within six months of treatment, John was walking, running and training in martial arts again. Within a year, John was competing at a world class level. Experiencing first-hand how Chiropractic changed his life, John was determined to become a Chiropractor and help others.
His education began at the University of Windsor, where John excelled in the Kinesiology program. He earned a Bachelor's Degree in Human Kinetics, Honours Movement Science in 1996. John continued his passion to learn as much about the human body as possible, by earning his Acupuncturist Certification in 1997. In 2001, John earned his Doctor of Chiropractic Degree from the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College, and has been a leader and innovator in the profession ever since.
Dr. Minardi is the creator and founder of the Complete Thompson Technique Seminar Series-Minardi Integrated Systems, a 42 hour detailed lecture series which incorporates theoretical explanations with hands on application of the techniques. Dr. Minardi is also a consultant for the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (ICPA), in a session focussed on the Neurology of the VSC. He is the author of 'The Complete Thompson Textbook - Minardi Integrated Systems, first and second editions, the most comprehensive textbooks ever written on Drop Piece technique, and 'Technique Toolbox', a monthly column focussed on technique in the Canadian Chiropractor Magazine from 2009-2013. Intensely passionate concerning the specificity of the adjustment, Dr. Minardi continues to travel internationally, sharing his expertise. In addition to his busy consulting schedule, Dr. Minardi operates a successful full-time private practice in Oakville, Ontario.
In 2011, Dr. Minardi was named "Chiropractor of the Year" an honour awarded to him by Parker Chiropractic Seminars. In 2018. the honor was bestowed upon Dr. Minardi again, by the Alliance for Chiropractors of Ontario.
89,00 Euro für reguläre Mitglieder der DCG und ECU
Studentische Mitglieder frei
GEPler 39,00 €
Nicht Mitglieder 129,00 €